Well, we finally made it to 2015! Brace yourselves for the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. “New Year, New Me!” posts (gag me)! I spent the night binge-watching Scrubs (yes, I LOVE this show!). I try to make a New Year’s Resolution every year, but only if there is something I really need to work on or improve. Last year, I had nothing. This year, I have a ton! I am going to write them all out on here, and we can all look forward to finding out how I do by this time next year! So here’s the list:
1. Keep blogging. Shoot for every day to every other day. I have already found that blogging every day is going to be really tough, but hopefully Blogging 101 will help me with that!
2. Floss everyday. I am TERRIBLE when it comes to flossing. I used to floss (maybe) once every month to once every other month. I have already started this resolution. I have been flossing at least once a day every day for the past three weeks. I think I will succeed at this one!
3. Work out more. Notice I didn’t give an amount. I work out very little now. Maybe once a month. By wanting to just work out more, if I work out even just once a week, I will succeed!
4. Don’t procrastinate as much. Like working out more, this should be another easy one to keep! I procrastinate always, so if I could just get one assignment done before the night before, I would be set! Here’s hoping!
5. Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier. I have gotten really bad about staying up later and later. I have gotten to the point that I am up until 3 or 4 in the morning. It’s terrible. Then I sleep until around 10AM and feel terrible all day. I want to get in the habit of going to sleep at around 11PM and getting up at around 7AM.
6. Make time for friends and family. I have two best friends. One lives in town and I hardly every see her. I used to see her (literally) every single day for years. Now I’m lucky if I see her once in a month! We are still as close as can be, but I will be moving soon. I need to make sure I am spending time with her now before I can’t anymore. My other best friend lives in Arizona. She comes back on breaks, but I am always so busy, so I have a really hard time seeing her. I want to plan things out so that I make sure I can see her when she is here. My family is everything to me. I want to make sure I spend a lot of time with my parents before I have to leave.
7. Spend more time outside. I spend A LOT of time indoors. If I’m not at work or school, I’m always on my computer or watching TV. My boyfriend, on the other hand, loves the outdoors. He loves bird watching and exploring everything outside. I have learned to love it too. Don’t get me wrong, I like the outdoors. I love to geocache, which is all outdoors. I just never really have the motivation to go after I get done with class or work. My boyfriend will do it with me, so I don’t know why we don’t do it more. In the next year, we will definitely try to get outside and do more.
There are my resolutions! What are some of yours?
Here’s to the new year! Happy 2015 everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your new year and I wish you the best with all of your resolutions!